2x 1.26ghz tualatins? what do i need to do?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
aWe

2x 1.26ghz tualatins? what do i need to do?

Post by aWe »

Hi guys good to be back here again, anyways its been a while and im planning on retiriing these 500mhz celerons (make nice earings?) anyways and i was planning on buying 2 1.26ghz tualatins any way getting these puppies working on the bp6?

im almost looking for a walk through or something, ive done some research:

i need to buy 2 powerleap neos correct or can i buy a similar item - lin lin>?
then i need a fc-pga --> fc-pga2 adapter on top of that right>?
then i have to do a voltage mod?
anything else other than bx cooling?

Thanks boys.
In GOD we trust?
BCN

Post by BCN »

2 neos and cut the trace on it as you may find in this forum.
then 2 Upgradeware GU370 adapters and they are FCPGA2->FCPGA adapters and not vice versa...

forget lin lin, cause there you would have problems with all those switches as I heard.

then:
1. take a piece of cardboard and put a neo on it.
2. take upgradeware and push in hard that there is no space left between adapters.
3. take your tualatin and push in the same way so everything gets one tight thing.
4. you DO NOT NEED fussing with switches on those adapters, because like this by default you will boot at 66FSB when you put them in, so you will always be able to change that in BIOS later. and if you do those mods and change caps AND cool BX REALLY well....

then you are almost there! I mean 133FSB with tualtins, but prepare, there will be difficulties at 110-133 range.

look for my thread in processors section, there are fotos. though i STILL did not mod my BP6....

Good luck!
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Uhm, don't mean to burst your bubble but the fastest PIII's you can run are 1100/128/100/1.75volt cpu's in smp.

You WILL NOT get above 110Mhz, period!

I have what is one of the fastest BP6's around (not bragging, fact)

I am running 2, PIII 1100's @ 110Mhz.

I have a version 1 board, 2 NEO370's with the trace cut, did the CAP upgrade as well as the voltage regulator change-out and, the most important, I am running a mini-peltier on the BX chip set as well as 72 to 95 watt pelts (air-cooled) mounted on Globalwin FEP-32's and a dual atx form factor power supply (as shown on this web site) to power up my tec's.

I have been running this system 24/7 for 6 mo as a video editor.

I can capture(in WIN2000 Pro) using VirtualDUB @ 720 x 480 without dropping a single frame!

Believe it or not, this system is more stable than my Gigabyte dual PIII server!

Luck of the draw I guess! I have been "fooling" around with this board (BP6) for over four years to get this to work.

Any questions please do not be afraid to ask!

Regards,

jaybird
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

jaybird's right. I only know of one other BP6er that may have hit higher than 110 Mhz.

holodeck2

I'll try to direct him our way. :wink:
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

it's do-able, problem is the heat generated by all the chips involved with generating the bus signal and the supporting chips all need to be cooled to below room temp, and a prayer to your favorite deity doesn't hurt. and using P3 with all those adaptors will allow for too much signal degradation,
I think Jaybird hit the limit at 110 stable for P3s

what can do to help is, go around the board with it running and warmed up for about 30min and with a slightly damp finger (to aid in thermal transfer) and just touch every chip that you see and if it's slightly toasty then heatsink it, that'll help with stability. The power transistors for the CPU should also be heatsinked and good airflow across the board.
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is