neos370 and PIII866/256/133/1.65v

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
tandrews

neos370 and PIII866/256/133/1.65v

Post by tandrews »

Should I be looking for another board to jam this chip in or what?

I tried both this chip and a PIII 750/256/100/1.65v in my neos370 running rv w/p3 bios and got no joy. No post.
I welcome some insight on what I'm missing here. After having read many posts, I've concluded the 866 @ 133 is probably reaching, but I figured the 750 @100 should work out of box with the neo.

What's the sign of a bad neo, all these parts are second hand....

Help? Anyone?

gracias
jaybird

need more info

Post by jaybird »

what rev board, what size power supply, type of ram, vid card, etc.,.

You have not given us enough info to troubleshoot!

I am running two (2) PIII's (1100e's @ 110Mhz) on a modified BP6.

There should be no reason that yours is not running unless there are problems that we(and you) are not aware of!

We will do all we can to help :D !!!!

Regards,

jaybird
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

tandrews

welcome to BP6.com...a couple days late.
guys...dont bp6 boards have to be modified to use pIII chips? I wish i was smarter, maybe then I'd know.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

The BP6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Derek on Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Derek
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

The NEOs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Derek
tandrews

Post by tandrews »

:oops: Ok, I admit to having mentally razzed folks who made posts like mine in the past. Not enough info, but it was intended as a generic question (if you can have generic bp6 questions :? .

My board has the vtt fix applied, but no other mods. All caps are flat topped so far. I will post rev when I get a chance to pull the encoding boards out to see. running rv128 bios, 3dfx voodoo3, drive on ata66 slave, boot drive on plain jane ide. pci Nic, one isa and two pci mpeg encoding boards.

My goal at present is to get a single pIII running. From what I gathered the board mods are necessary for smp, but not single. IS this correct?

I would like to be able to roll back to my pair of 466 celeries simply because they are rock solid in that config.

I've not got issue with modding the neo but don't want to jumper the board if it will affect celery stability, unless of course a single has proven as solid. I see some debate over whether it will affect celery smp.

I still welcome suggestions, and thanks for the greetz, I've been lurking for years.

cheers,
-T
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

T,
I agree with you. I wont P-III mod my board either because then it would have to be re-mod-ed to drop back to the cellys, not to mention the potential of damaging the board.

If you have pc133 ram and a pc133 P-III you may gain some benifits from the mod. If you are stuck with a slower FSB you may get more out of the dual 433s(oc them as far as you can) then a single 866 that you may have to under clock. It may be cheaper to get a diff board if you are thinking about a single P-III config.

Derek,
Thanks for the great pics.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

i've got 1 pIII/1000/256/133 cpu atm..

i picked up 2 Neo S370 adapters from blueneko (BTW neko, i got ALOT more than i bargained for! i couldn't ask for more for my $40)

im thinking.. i might just find a mobo to stuff the p3 in unless i pick up another bp6 and another p3 1ghz cpu... which is doubtful.. so i may got the p3 mobo route..

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
24seven
IRC Lurker

Post by 24seven »

kuun wrote:i've got 1 pIII/1000/256/133 cpu atm..

i picked up 2 Neo S370 adapters from blueneko (BTW neko, i got ALOT more than i bargained for! i couldn't ask for more for my $40)

im thinking.. i might just find a mobo to stuff the p3 in unless i pick up another bp6 and another p3 1ghz cpu... which is doubtful.. so i may got the p3 mobo route..

Kuun
Would that mean you would have some neo's that you are not using?

:wink: