specs

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
Snugglebear

Post by Snugglebear »

The BP6 can handle 768MB of memory (3x 256). As for processors... well, how much work you want to do?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

sontek wrote:I'm buying the BP6 so that it can be a fun project..
It is so nice to hear that tone again! It's been a while since someone has had that attitude :D

Good work!
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

sontek,

The P-III/1100E/256k/100FSB fastest processors that can be reasonably run on the BP6. They are hard to get at the 1100Mhz speed! Some can be found on E-Bay - most often used. They are priced from $100-150+
You'll need a couple of NEO370 adapters from www.PowerLeap.com too.
Make sure NOT to order the Neo370/T for the newer 133Mhz FSB CPUs.
Their website is so lame & hard to navigate.
Some really great CPU cooling deals are at www.nexfan.com
Have fun.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

atomoverride: I agree with you, I've been thinking about those P4 1.6GHz myself. They look like the "new celerons" in terms of overclocking. I'm keeping my BP6 with OC celerons because the outlay isn't worth the performance boost. Better to get a new MoBo. Also I love SMP.

BTW, 2x550MHz Celerons isn't the equivalent of 1.1GHz. You can approach it with a decent multithreaded OS like BeOS though. Windows will never get close...
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

I have three sons, age 10-13. I have (3) BP6 systems running WinXP-Pro. When a PC gets trashed by one of them, I can clone Win XP & not have to reactivate! The labor invested in my XP builds is preserved.
I'm going to keep my "family" of BP6s alive as long as possible/practical!!