Unlockin celeron Fc-Pga

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
chemicall

Unlockin celeron Fc-Pga

Post by chemicall »

Hey,

I wan't to unlock my 800mhz celeron Fc-Pga package cpu. I was told by a friend you cover one of the pins with nail polish. he wasn't sure what pin. I couldn't find anything on google. So I thought I would ask you guys. I was told when i unlock it, that i'll get the extra l2 cache, unlocked multiplier, etc, any help with this?

Thanks in advance.

-chemicall
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Re: Unlockin celeron Fc-Pga

Post by HAL6000 »

chemicall wrote:Hey,

I wan't to unlock my 800mhz celeron Fc-Pga package cpu. I was told by a friend you cover one of the pins with nail polish. he wasn't sure what pin. I couldn't find anything on google. So I thought I would ask you guys. I was told when i unlock it, that i'll get the extra l2 cache, unlocked multiplier, etc, any help with this?

Thanks in advance.

-chemicall
1. There is no way to unlock the multiplier on any celeron CPU's. Some of the first one would work on 2-3 diffrent multipliers but that was iffy.
2. The other cache can not be enabled.

FSB changes are the only thing you get to change.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Your friend is confusing the Celeron with the AMD Duron CPU, which can be multiplier unlocked. Also, some of the L2 cache on these chips can be re-enabled.

See http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/displa ... 04407.html for more information.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
chemicall

Post by chemicall »

hmm, I wonder what he's smoking :lol: heh, but yeah, that sucks, he told me he had a website about it and everything at one time and was searching for it, for me. I'm gonna believe you guys though, since you'se are the celeron freaks :p
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

ok.. here's the thing

early durons and any celeron cannot be unlocked or l2 cache enabled.. they were not built with any more cache than what they have

the new duron applebred it a cutdown of the athlon thoroughbred cpu.. they cut off some of the cache so therefore it can be reenabled..

but that is only the duron aplebred and it's only upto 1.6ghz atm AFAIK
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
24seven
IRC Lurker

Post by 24seven »

kuun wrote:ok.. here's the thing

early durons and any celeron cannot be unlocked or l2 cache enabled.. they were not built with any more cache than what they have

the new duron applebred it a cutdown of the athlon thoroughbred cpu.. they cut off some of the cache so therefore it can be reenabled..

but that is only the duron aplebred and it's only upto 1.6ghz atm AFAIK
Early Durons can be multiplier unlocked, but they don’t have the extra cache.

New ones (Aplebred) can also be multiplier unlocked and have the cache and it can be enabled.

Intel chips cannot be multiplier unlocked, as its disabled within the die of the chip, and has been since early PII days if I remember correctly.