FSB anyone?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
Beezy

FSB anyone?

Post by Beezy »

TERRIBLE situation. I 've been playing with bios.. i don't know what i'm doing. i'm following some intructions for overclocking when my system just won't work correctly anymore. i've read enough of these posts to know that it's probably a blown processor. OK no big deal nowadays..Cellys are pretty cheap and easily clockable (if you can figure it out) my question is this. i don't know the FSB of my ram, and i've been told that it has to match in order for the system to work properly.somebody help me out.. is there anyway to tell what the FSB is on my ram? does it really matter? does it really have to match?what kind of processor should i replace it with? the original was a 400mhz, naturally you'd like it a bit faster, i will be buying in pairs. i'm not interested in modding anything, so what's the best chip out that would work with the board without having to buy a solderin iron to get it to work?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Not to worry!

First of all: What brought you to the conclusion of a blown processor(s)?

Secondly, You can install either 100MHz or 133MHz in the BP6 (it doesn't matter).

Thirdly, if you're not going to overclock the computer, 533MHz Celerons are the CPUs you want.
-Derek
Beezy

Post by Beezy »

i WILL be overclockin, and what brings me to the conclusion is some of the problems i have are similar to some that some of the other message board users have. however, being the humble NOOB i am... i could be wrong. ok.. my problems are as follows, cant get past the boot screen, at first, it wouldn't go past the motherboard but i fixed that, so now it gets to the windows 98 screen and won't go past THAT now. i did get it into windows a few times, but it keeps freezing. it's only readin one of my processors when it boots now, and it moves awful slow. so... what do you think?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Did you set the processor speed back to its rated value, or are you still running the system overclocked?

Make sure you haven't disabled the processor cache (in the BIOS).

As for overclocking, your 400MHz Celerons are one of the easier chips to overclock.
-Derek
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

check for buldging caps

i got 2K to install on a bp6 but gets to the splash scren... and wil lsit there

it has either 16 or 24 leaking/buldging caps
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit