dual PIII mod after effects? celeron's no longer work?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

If memory serves me correctly; I thought, once the modifications are made, the original Celerons won't work. Maybe Derek or someone else can confirm this.
Last edited by hyperspace on Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

When you mod the board, you change which pins correspond to which leads and therefore the original Celeron PPGA config will not work.

What mod did you use?
-Derek
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

Hi!

My board also only runs PIII's now, i think it is the sockel mod where you connect two pins, because the other mods are all voltage related.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Could you please tell me what mods you used to make the PIII 1100E's work on your BP6?

I added the modded S370's (cut trace), replaced the 1 cap along side of the 1st 370 socket, replaced the voltage regulator and added the cap to the +5 volt side of the regulator to reduce noise and added the single wire to the underside of the board to each socket.

I could get only 1 PIII to boot in either socket, not both (although I could get to 110 fsb rock solid).

I just put both PIII's on a Gigabyte board and it screamed until this morning when my 300 W Sparkle PS went south.

First locked up, then no video, then no fans and no beep code. Thought I fried the MOBO!

However, 12 volts had dropped to 10.5! 5 volt side dropped to below 3 volts!

Wonder if a flaky PS is the reason no boot with both PIII's.

Will find out in the morning when I get new PS.

Regards,

jaybird
heiner_saupe

Post by heiner_saupe »

Hi,

can anybody tell me, what mods to do how and where to get which tyoe of the adapters?

Best regards,

Heiner
heiner_saupe

Post by heiner_saupe »

Hi,

can anybody tell me, what mods to do how and where to get which tyoe of the adapters?

Best regards,

Heiner
iSDn

Post by iSDn »

jaybird wrote:Could you please tell me what mods you used to make the PIII 1100E's work on your BP6?

I added the modded S370's (cut trace), replaced the 1 cap along side of the 1st 370 socket, replaced the voltage regulator and added the cap to the +5 volt side of the regulator to reduce noise and added the single wire to the underside of the board to each socket.

I could get only 1 PIII to boot in either socket, not both (although I could get to 110 fsb rock solid).

I just put both PIII's on a Gigabyte board and it screamed until this morning when my 300 W Sparkle PS went south.

First locked up, then no video, then no fans and no beep code. Thought I fried the MOBO!

However, 12 volts had dropped to 10.5! 5 volt side dropped to below 3 volts!

Wonder if a flaky PS is the reason no boot with both PIII's.

Will find out in the morning when I get new PS.

Regards,

jaybird

Hi, i did this mod on 3 different BP6 Boards and everyone was working fine. So it must be something different....okay i read your post in the overclockers section...nice to hear that you solved your problem :D

heiner_saupe wrote:Hi,

Best regards,

Heiner

Take a lokk here.

Bye..
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Derek,
The article on the P-III mods ends stating Evergreen adaptors being tested. Are there results to the Spectra III testing yet?

Tnx,
David
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
BCN

Post by BCN »

heiner_saupe wrote:Hi,

Best regards,

Heiner

if you wanna run PIII coppermines:

two Neo s370 adapters prom powerleap www.powerleap.com - the only site they sell them, though shipping is costly.

cut the traces and solder wires on the back of the sockets on MOBO - everything is on this site forums

for PIII-S Tualatins:

you will ALSO need two Upgradeware GU370 adapters for FCPGA2->FCPGA. You stick them over powerleap adapters, then you stick you PIII-S on top of that sandwich and into the mobo. powerleaps heatsinks fit well even with 2 adapters.

then just need to mod the volt regulator and caps. and cool your BX :D
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

OT: Anyone know where ciscokid is? Haven't seen many any posts by him lately.
-Derek