no idea about this! plz read

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
2CeleronInABox

no idea about this! plz read

Post by 2CeleronInABox »

hi bp6 freaks!

never had anything like this.

yesterday was the day of my 2-monthly system check.

i removed everything to cleanup all the crappy dust out of my midi tower.

the day before i wondered about the voltage readouts in the bios :

there were extremly low voltages drawn

so i wondered

but the system ran like nothing was ill, only with randomly freezes

and it grilled my geforce 2 MX (oced :-) (not really grilled, just warmed up a bit) the hole pcb was hot like the die.

So as i tried to remove the atx-plug ,but i couldn´t , it was melted together with the plastic atx-socket on the bp6.

after i removed the plug (with heavy force of course), i could determine that , pin 4,6(only a little bit coloured) and the pins 19 and 20 are black like hell.

any idea why my bp6 is so damaged ?...i actually does not know if it works or not, because my bro cut the atx-power-plug to show all his friends (yes hes kinda freeak) and i do not have a second power supply.

my first thought (hop) was that it is only the fuckin power supply, not the bp6 :-)

today i took a needle to pile out the leftover of the atx-plug out of the atx-socket...black like hell also *scary smile*

i added a bad quality picture of the connector...maybe this gives you an inspiration how it looks like
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ABit BP6
2xCeleron533MHz@600Mhz boxed
512 MB CL2 RAM
30GB Seagate 7200rpm HDD
GeForce 2MX

2xNiCs (1x ADSL 768/128kbits)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek
Site Admin

Re: no idea about this! plz read

Post by Derek »

2CeleronInABox wrote:...i actually does not know if it works or not, because my bro cut the atx-power-plug to show all his friends (yes hes kinda freeak) and i do not have a second power supply.
ROFL! I don't know what to say... You’ll obviously need to buy another power supply…

Once you get the new power supply hook it up to the motherboard, fire her up, and check the voltage readouts. If you get the same readouts as before you know it’s some piece of hardware that is malfunctioning.

You should also check for burnt, bulging, or leaking capacitors on the motherboard and connected hardware (including the GF2).
johnli

Post by johnli »

The pins that are blackened are three of the four +5VDC lines (A full pinout can be found here). I'm puzzeled that only 3 of the 4 are black, which tends to suggest (to me anyway) that it's more likely to be a problem with the motherboard (or something attached to it) than with the PSU itself.

I'd suggest getting a new PSU, and the fact that the thing didn't crash and die on you tends to suggest to me that it should still work. I can't comment on what those connectors are used for on the motherboard because I don't know, sorry :P.
Regards,
John
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

If the old power supply is not working, I don't think I would plug a new power supply into the BP6 mainboard. It might fry the new PSU.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

hyperspace

he said his brother cut the ATX connector off to show his freinds
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit