suck or blow? which is best..

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

The fans should be pointed so the air is pushed (blown) onto the fins of the heatsink.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Here's a diagram I whipped up :D

(Topic moved to Newbie section)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Blowing air into the heatsink is definitely the the direction to go. But how cool the air you are pushing has a lot to due with how well the heatsink gets cooled down.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

hyperspace wrote:Blowing air into the heatsink is definitely the the direction to go. But how cool the air you are pushing has a lot to due with how well the heatsink gets cooled down.
So crank up that air-conditioning!!
-Derek
headseed

Post by headseed »

I thought most alpha heatsinks were made to suck? That's how I ran mine on my single celly2/bp6 and it was ok. I have one of the all aluminium 6035 lookin deals, but the clip design allows it to work well with the neo.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
the_flames

Post by the_flames »

Blowing air onto a heatsink gives you positive pressure which is more effective than creating negitive pressure by sucking air away from the heatsink.

but sucking air away from the heatsink does have one advantage, it creates less noise ;) so keep that in mind, the diffrence in some cases is quite big, others its not noticable over the HDD's
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: suck or blow? which is best..

Post by InactiveX »

jnr wrote:It is time to get the vacuum cleaner inside my case to clean out the dust
This is a very bad idea. Vacuum cleaner nozzles build up static like a nylon vest from the 1970s.

Use a can of compressed air instead.