Temperature compensation needed with NEO S370?

Batch codes, RAM specs, BIOS settings, etc..
natrin

Temperature compensation needed with NEO S370?

Post by natrin »

Does anyone know how much the Neo adapter will throw off CPU temperature readings? I am running a 1.1 GHz celeron with a Neo and am using MBM, and my cpu temp ranges from about 30 C at idle up to 45 C with 100% cpu usage. Are these temps ok, considering that the Neo might be making them artificially low? Should I add some temperature compensation to MBM--if so, how much? Thanks!

Nate
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

natrin wrote:Does anyone know how much the Neo adapter will throw off CPU temperature readings? I am running a 1.1 GHz celeron with a Neo and am using MBM, and my cpu temp ranges from about 30 C at idle up to 45 C with 100% cpu usage. Are these temps ok, considering that the Neo might be making them artificially low? Should I add some temperature compensation to MBM--if so, how much? Thanks!

Nate
That’s a good question. The only way to know for sure would be to add an external thermal sensor to the core of the CPU itself.

But for the time being if everything is seated properly and the heat sinks/fans are not dusty you have nothing to worry about.
-Derek