WIN98SE/WINNT 4.0 network problems

jaybird

WIN98SE/WINNT 4.0 network problems

Post by jaybird »

I need help in a big way! I have been running a 98SE/NT 4.0 small network(3 pc's) for several years with no problems but now, after I just reconfigured and reloaded my BP6 (98/NT dual boot), 98 is the only OS that networks properly.

In 98 on all pc's I can see every one and they can see me and we all can share files.

However, when in NT on BP6, I can only see every one else and their files but no one can see me and under network neighborhood from the BP6 I cannot see icon for the PC that I am on(BP6), only the others on the network!

Also, while in administrator, there is no file sharing option available!

What did I forget to install when I reinstalled NT?

Please help! I need to access smp real bad at this time! and, no, I cannot afford to change os's at this time!

TNX in advance for any and all help,

jaybird
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

You may need to convert WinNT from Domain mode to Workgroup mode.
I think that properties of MY Computer gets you to where this flip can be made. If this is already correct, confirm that all PCs are using the same protocol(s) with proper bindings to clients.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

I'v tried all that. I'm told that I must have the server service started but when I try to start that service I get a "not enough server storage available to process this command" error.

I can find nothing in my manual about this error.

What do I need to do to start this service, any ideas?
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

What is your systems H/W spec? What is the amount of RAM & swapfile size? Disk freespace?