BP6FSB Killed my board!

RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

Try downloading the 4Meg tool for making the 6-floppy boot disk set for winXP.

Use a win98 boot floppy (with smartdrv caching on it) & boot to initialize the CDROM. Then, run the XP install over the XP partition & W2K install over the w2k partition. All should be preserved, but W2K-SP1,2,3 & XP-SP1 will need to be reinstalled.

So, when the BP6FSB.EXE utility creeps the speed up and goes from 92 FSB to 94 FSB, does it also change the PCI bus timing from 1/2 CPU clock to 1/3 CPU clock? If it does, I could see how this might cause a crash. If it doesn't, I could see that the PCI bus runnung at 1/2=47MHz might also crash some PCI cards. I think that having the BIOS speed set to just high enough to boot with the PCI/CPU = 1/3 and then creeping up is a better way to go. Yet with a 400MHz Cele, booting at 94MHz is tough. that's why 366 is the sweet spot for OC-ing with the Cele1 core.
jaybird

to much ram?

Post by jaybird »

I don't know if it has anything to do with it and I'm sure you aleady know this but BP6 can only support a max of 256 meg of ram per slot or a total of 768. Could the additional ram be causing a problem?

Just a thought :)

Regards,
jaybird