Bad BIOS? Need help

-.-PhanTom-.-

Bad BIOS? Need help

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Please disregard

Solved the problem :=)
Last edited by -.-PhanTom-.- on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

aaaaawwww ..... :(
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Ok, new problem arrived.
Just tried to update BIOS (to bp6rvhpt130b), flash went fine, first reboot was fine, I chose "load setup defaults", reboot and then nada... black screen.... tried resetting CMOS, did not help...
What can I do?

I used these switches when falshing... hope they are not the cause of the fuckup?

Code: Select all

/py /sn /cd /cp /cc /cks /R
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Tried replacing the BIOS chip with the chip from my old caps-dead BP6...same thing!!!
How the hell can that shit happen like that?
I mean, if BIOS got screwed, shouldn't replacing the BIOS chip make the mobo boot again?

Can't believe the stream of bad pc karma I have experienced lately.. sick how it tends to come in waves...

Would really appreciate some help to get the board back to life - thanks.

Why why why did I not read this before I did it :(
http://www.bp6.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=928
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Update: apparently a more "patient" CMOS clear seemed to work using the "old" BIOSCHIP..so back to booting again ;)
The reason I wanted to update bios, is that I bought a PCI sata controller card, but it seems to conflict with the HighPoint controller on the mobo itself :(
Is there any way to completely disable the HighPoint controller on the BP6?
Or how else can I get my SATA controller ard working - booting stall after listing devices :(

It can boot if there are no SATA hdds attached to the controller card, but as soon as I plug in hdds to it, boot stall after listing devices :(

Please help....
s4brains

Post by s4brains »

Phantom,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no procedure that will completely disable the HPT controller. There are some modified BIOS versions which exist without the HPT BIOS, but the modified BIOS does not mask any interrupt generated by the HPT controller hardware and would not prevent a need for the interrupt to be serviced.

Have you tried placing the SATA controller in all the different PCI slots?

Regards,

s4
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

What slot are you using for the SATA? Doesn't the HTP shares an IRQ with pci slot 3.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Ok, will try all PCI slots and see if one of them will work better than the others...thnx for input guys
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Hmmm....have tried all PCI slots now.. same thing.....
SATA card bios loads fine, htp bios loads fine, but then boot stalls after listing PCI devices and successfully updating ESCD and verifying pool data .....

It makes no difference if I chose EXT=SCSI or EXT=UDMA

It can't be right that I can't use a SATA controller card on this motherboard....
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Hmmm.....no help ???
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

do you have an exisiting win2k system on this system and you are now adding another PCI card in later ?

this can be very hard if the numbering system gets altered .....
ide0,1,2,3 won't change much
but an add-in card might mess with your HPT drive by re-numbering it .....

which is why I keep saying, who put's there OS on a Raid drive, or add-in card. you add-in another card, you are so screwed.
-.-PhanTom-.-

Post by -.-PhanTom-.- »

Dave Rave wrote:do you have an exisiting win2k system on this system and you are now adding another PCI card in later ?
Yes.
Dave Rave wrote:this can be very hard if the numbering system gets altered .....
ide0,1,2,3 won't change much
but an add-in card might mess with your HPT drive by re-numbering it .....
What do you mean by this?
The problem is that booting never even reaches windows, it stalls after listing PCI devices etc....so how can that be an issue related to win2k?
Dave Rave wrote:which is why I keep saying, who put's there OS on a Raid drive, or add-in card. you add-in another card, you are so screwed.
My OS is on primary IDE channel, master disk.
Don't use the Highpoint IDE slots at all...