Johnny 5's older brother back from the dead!

jaybird

Johnny 5's older brother back from the dead!

Post by jaybird »

I'm back to the original V 1.0 R .40 board that ran my dual 1100E's!

Re-did EC10 cap and BOOM!

This board seems more stable that the R .41 and can over-clock just a tad bit more.

However, it does seem to run a little bit warmer, case 109 deg f, other board 102 deg f, cpu's 113 & 107 deg f, other board about 10 deg f less but still well below max (bx running about 10 deg f warmer also). 98.2 deg f., was 88 to 92 deg f at idle. Still, only goes to 102 deg. f max, not to shabby :wink:

I am awaiting my "new" 1100E from "down-under" for another shot at dual PIII's.

As always will keep all informed.

Still locks up if I try to get onto the Internet above 100FSB, but once on using BP6FSB can goto 104FSB.

Don't know if it is a USB thing or what, but both boards did it.

Regards,

jaybird
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

A while back you asked for the info on my 400Mhz celerons that goto 600 with ease. I finally have gutted my bp6 case and can reveal them. I don;t know if you're still interested, but here they are:
The stuff on the chips is:

intel celeron
FV524RX400
128 SL3A2
MALAY

Sorry for the wait, i haven't had a chance to open up everything and get those cpus out. I hope they are useful to someone!
The collector of the old and unwanted.
s4brains

Re: Johnny 5's older brother back from the dead!

Post by s4brains »

jaybird wrote:
I'm back to the original V 1.0 R .40 board that ran my dual 1100E's!

Re-did EC10 cap and BOOM!

I am awaiting my "new" 1100E from "down-under" for another shot at dual PIII's.

jaybird

jaybird,

I'm hoping you are willing to clarify something for me. It is my understanding that the problem with the EC10 capacitor is/was confined to version 0.41 boards which were equipped with a Unisem branded regulator at the Q6 location. This regulator was never used for version 0.40 boards so they should not display this problem. (I say this based on an excerpt of information I copied from a note by Abit technical support in the UK.) If this is true, what is accomplished by replacing the EC10 capacitor on a version 0.40 board?

Are you replacing the capacitor to ward off potential problems when you modify and add dual PIII's?

Best Regards,

s4
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Problem is instability in win2k pro or xp.

I have found in both r .40 and .41 boards that random crashes happen if this cap is not repleced with 1200 or 1500 uf unit.

Not every one has this problem but it is so simple that I say "do it!"

Regards,

jaybird