It finally died

vgoraz

It finally died

Post by vgoraz »

Sorry, I have not been on this site in a long long time. My motherboard finally died in quite a bit of glory after running faithfully for years. It appears something leaked out all over the place and the BP6 died when that occured which I am assuming is a cap or one of the many random things that I was told could bulge and then break.

I was going to try and salvage it but decided that with my current new computers (mostly an athlon64) I had little use for the BP6 anymore. I was using it as a server/firewall for a bit but nothing really vital for me so I did not take the time to fix it.

Instead I took one of the processors and ripped as I couldnt get enough room to remove it properly, and so yes I just yanked it out with the heatsink still attached running the cpu socket (it was the Evercool cu-725). I used the celeron 366 on a Microsoft Research shirt I have by shoving it through the shirt and bending the pins back so it sticks onto the shirt. It looks sort of cool.

Anyways, sorry for making this long and for not posting in awhile. Just wanted to update you on the death of my BP6 computer. I still have the other Celeron 366 laying around if anyone wants it. Could also give out the heatsinks and fans too.
headseed

Post by headseed »

If shipping isn't too much (I'm in the US), I could use the evercool HSFs. LMK! Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your BP6, it is always sad to hear.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Thanx for sharing with us...
bummer... :cry:

Good to hear from you, vgoraz !
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
davd_bob
Confused

Re: It finally died

Post by davd_bob »

vgoraz wrote:...Instead I took one of the processors and ripped as I couldnt get enough room to remove it properly, and so yes I just yanked it out with the heatsink still attached running the cpu socket (it was the Evercool cu-725). I used the celeron 366 on a Microsoft Research shirt I have by shoving it through the shirt and bending the pins back so it sticks onto the shirt. It looks sort of cool...
Someone is going to do something like that in the cell phone industry. You should copyright the idea...then you could sue for "intelectual property" and get richer then Bill.

BTW, sorry to hear about the BP6. At least you will always have fond memories of it.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

I do not like to cpyright certain things, specially really silly ideas that people can easily come up with independently. It would be nice to be rich though. I think the heatsinks are a bit too useful to just give away so I will find some use for them. My family though (since I am home for the holidays) wants to throw out some of the large amount of computer equipmenmt which I just might let them do (no point keeping around my 486s and other useless motherboards).
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

it is indeed sad to hear.. another bp6 bites the dust...

the number dwindles..

im glad i have mine...
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit