BX Peltier cooling!

jaybird

BX Peltier cooling!

Post by jaybird »

Hey guys!

Just saw the "mini-petier" that I have been using for years on eBay for the first time in a long time (BX active cooling), $4.99 USD.

This thing "rocks", and no, I have no connection with the seller.

1: remove "greenie", use Arctic Silver, reinstall "greenie", strap "mini-peltier" to "greenie"(using std. cable tie), put Arctic Silver between "greenie" and mini-peltier, plug mini into fan header, watch BX temp drop big time! (this is the one reason I believe that I was able to run dual PIII's at over 100 FSB!)

regards.

jaybird
KliK

Post by KliK »

c'mon, give us a pic to see what it looks like...and how it fits on BP6! :?
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

Ok, however, I'm at work today (I'm the "facilities mgr." for a major art museum in the midwest (S.E. Wisconsin, USA)) I just completed the 1st voltage regulator mod( may have a problem here, thought I had a ver. 0.40 board, have a 0.41 board and used a LM317T instead of a LM338T, lets see what happens), completed the ZIF socket wiring mods, am now looking at the remainder of the vtt mods (this guy must have had WAY better than 20/20 vision or one hell of a set of magnifiers!), I can hardley see the components and their connections (see http://geta.yoh-tec.com/bp6/eng_analisys.htm). Got the LM338T in place (stabilization of Vcc 2.5), now I'm looking at the "improvement of the load regulation", XR14 and R117 modifications).

I know he says more work is needed (ver 0.41), however, at this point I'm going to give it a try.

Regards,

jaybird
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

It is 1:23 PM here in Wisconsin and I have just completed the remainder of the "stabilization of Vcc 2.5" .

Not as bad as I thought ( a little "Gray Goose" at lunch helps :wink: )).

Will be testing certain parts when I get home this evening

Will take photos of the board prior to mounting the "mini-peltier" and with it in place.

Total cost to date (minus cpu's and NEO 370's from an other project) about $15 to $20 USD MAX!

Regards,

jaybird
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

nay bad... keep us informed
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit