bp6+nec pci usb2.0+d-link 7port usb hub+creative SBMP3+=

aik

bp6+nec pci usb2.0+d-link 7port usb hub+creative SBMP3+=

Post by aik »

I am using devices desribed above :)
WinXP sp2, cel 466MHz * 2. When SB is connected directly to the nec pci card, CPU load is about 15-20 percents when playing winamp.
When SB is connected as described above (including the hub), CPU load is 45-50 percents (on both processors).

All the drivers are from XP sp2 CD.

I suspect that d-link is reason of this trouble, but...

Does anybody use pci usb 2.0 cards with BP6? Which card do you use? What drivers have you installed for it? Thanks a lot!
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

for a machine, there is a figure of mhz needed to look after idle type stuff.
handling sound through a usb connection, the cpu has to do something. to do it through two ports, more work.
it's more noticeable on a smaller (466) machine.
KliK

Re: bp6+nec pci usb2.0+d-link 7port usb hub+creative SBMP3+=

Post by KliK »

aik wrote:I am using devices desribed above :)
WinXP sp2, cel 466MHz * 2. When SB is connected directly to the nec pci card, CPU load is about 15-20 percents when playing winamp.
When SB is connected as described above (including the hub), CPU load is 45-50 percents (on both processors).

All the drivers are from XP sp2 CD.

I suspect that d-link is reason of this trouble, but...

Does anybody use pci usb 2.0 cards with BP6? Which card do you use? What drivers have you installed for it? Thanks a lot!

I've snet you this file, on which is description of my BP6 computer...as you can see I use USB 2.0 PCI adapter, with VIA VT6202/6212 chip, with 3+1 port...on mine, I don't have those problems...but I did have them on my ex USB 2.0 PCI adapter, which shared the same IRQ setting as HPT366!!!

I hope you will fix this problem...also, you could get the better CPUs...i had 433, but they had poor performance...a 2x366 had a better one (not overclocked), and now I'm building a 2x533 (slightly overcloclocked)... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aik

Re: bp6+nec pci usb2.0+d-link 7port usb hub+creative SBMP3+=

Post by aik »

KliK wrote:
I've snet you this file, on which is description of my BP6 computer...as you can see I use USB 2.0 PCI adapter, with VIA VT6202/6212 chip, with 3+1 port...on mine, I don't have those problems...but I did have them on my ex USB 2.0 PCI adapter, which shared the same IRQ setting as HPT366!!!

I hope you will fix this problem...also, you could get the better CPUs...i had 433, but they had poor performance...a 2x366 had a better one (not overclocked), and now I'm building a 2x533 (slightly overcloclocked)... :D
PCI slot shares the IRQ, but not the card. Card does not know about IRQ at all, it can use only INTA..D signals. In general, bp6 is very fun boards about IRQs :) Another slot may resolve the trouble.

About CPU's - I am using 2*466 overclocked to 525, and I connected SB to on-board USB 1.1, all is working fine.