Bad cap on an RMA 'd BP6!

Tim_K

Bad cap on an RMA 'd BP6!

Post by Tim_K »

I sent my BP6 to Abit in early January for an RMA job. I got it back and it's been running fine. I've got 2 533 Celerons in it overclocked to 600 Mhz (75 FSB), and both CPU's are loaded 100% with seperate instances of folding@home.

The BP6 has been running pretty much non-stop for 2 months now.

I was thinking of getting another BP6, and had contacted Jackcon about some replacement caps, hoping to get them for free under the Abit recall.

They need a list of all the values, so I shut down my BP6 and pulled the motherboard out of the case to read all the values and count caps.

I noticed that the EC14 cap was bulged on the top! No other caps appear to be damaged. The BP6 runs fine.

All the little caps are Jackcon brand. Black with a white stripe and printing.

All the big caps are Tayeh units. Green with gold stripe and printing. It's one of these that failed.

Weren't Tayeh caps the bad ones in the first place?

After doing some searching here and reading several articles, I came up with what I think is a good capacitor value combination. I'll make a seperate post for that.

Does anyone have a list of what power circuits each capacitor works on? The job each one actually does?
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !