Abit RMA Questions

guppergoo

Abit RMA Questions

Post by guppergoo »

Here is the info I got back from RMA...

Dear customer,

We are currently out of stock for BP6. We will provide you “Store Credit” for this model. The credit you have is based on your original purchasing invoice. You can pick any ABIT current items as your replacement, including motherboard and video card, and get a replacement from us directly. The price of item you choice will be based on any one of following sources that you can get from:

1. ABIT MSRP – provides directly by ABIT sales department (please advise, if you need it)

2. ABIT distributors selling prices – if you are a reseller and you can get a better price from ABIT distributors (need price proof from you)

3. ABS online store – if you are an end user and you can get a fair price from a most popular online store at www.newegg.com

So please visit ABIT home page at www.abit-usa.com to select any current item you like, and please also provide your original invoice to us. ABIT RMA Dept. will process your request soon. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Customer Service Representative
ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation

So here is the dilemma...being as the board was bought basically the day it was available, however many years ago that was, I can locate the receipt from my purchase. I am sure that abit is going to give me next to nothing if I dont have the receipt. Not only that, but now I have 2 celerons, HSF, 768mb RAM etc that I no longer have a use for.

What suggestions do you guys have for obtaining my original receipt or invoice? I got it from cantek.com, which was suggested by Leo LaPorte way back in the day of ZDTV. I have sent them an email a few weeks back when I sent my board in but never got a response. I will send them another email, but I am not hopeful. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks guys,

Todd
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

I believe someone had reported here that incase of no available invoice Abit will allow MSRP of about $120USD.

Im in the same boat with haveing all the fixings for my BP6. It makes me feel all dressed up but no-where to go.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100