Sent board back to abit...etd?

davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Allen is a good guy at Abit. I have been able to reach him by phone after they first indicated 'out of stock' and he said the "Store Credit" was for more impatient consumers that didn't want to wait.

My delema is...I DON'T WANT TO WAIT 6 MORE WEEKS.

Oh well.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
guppergoo

Post by guppergoo »

What is the best way to reach him via phone? Do you have a number for him?
davd_bob
Confused

Re: Sent board back to abit...etd?

Post by davd_bob »

guppergoo wrote:Sent the board back to abit. Any idea on an estimated turnaround time? Thanks!
What date to they show getting your board? Is there any activity yet.

It took about 7 weeks for Hyperspace and I to get boards back. Neither of us gave Abit a rough time about it...they just had to do things in proper order. Im sure they repair boards REALY under warrantee first then take the re-cap jobs in the order they receive them. They are after all trying to stay in business, and no other mobo manufacture is even DOING re-caps. All the others are just letting their consumers swing in the wind so I believe Abit deserves a great deal of slack as long as they continue supporting BP6s.(and other old boards)

Im at work right now and my contact info is at home, but I think I just called a number from the CONTACT info...the same place we all had to go when we emailed them to get each of our RMA's rolling.

Abit will only take calls during business hours in California...9am-5pm Mon-Fri. if I remember correctly. Allen is probably pretty swamped with work so give him a break(be nice) when you reach him. Pretty much everything he told me was a company perscribed pat answer to whatever I asked and I didn't push him to actually check into MY RMA. Im patient and not a complainer unless something has gone unreasonably long and he told me what I wanted to hear when he said I could wait and sooner or later I would get a BP6.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
guppergoo

Post by guppergoo »

Actually it is terribly helpful!

I hate to sound impatient or ungrateful. I certainly am in awe that Abit even gives a rip about a motherboard it sold 5 or more years ago. Most of the time you get the standard 1yr warranty then *poof* =-= see ya sucker.

Props to abit!

I appreciate all of your guys' input.

Thanks!

~T