Sent board back to abit...etd?

guppergoo

Sent board back to abit...etd?

Post by guppergoo »

Sent the board back to abit. Any idea on an estimated turnaround time?

Thanks!
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: Sent board back to abit...etd?

Post by hyperspace »

guppergoo wrote:Sent the board back to abit. Any idea on an estimated turnaround time?

Thanks!
Don't know if you have seen any of the new threads about RMA's to ABit, but it looks like they are OUT of BP6's! I'm waiting for feedback about mine. I sent it in around 2-18-05.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
harrijs

Post by harrijs »

They are out of BP6 boards. They offered to replace it with something else based on my original invoice. I didn't have my original invoice anymore, so they said the MSRP on the board was 124.00 USD. They said they would ship any abit board to me from newegg.com. I think I am going to go with the AG8 board. PCI-E x16 seems pretty nice. The only thing that sucks ass is that now I have to buy a new processor. I guess that I will be offering two 500 celerons on this forum in the next couple of days.

I did ask when they would get more BP6 in stock, but they ignored and didn't answer that question. I figure going with a P4 3.0 ghz with HT should probably be the equivalent of two 500 celerons...... :(
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

I sent mine about 2/1. They acknowlege receipt on 2/9 and replied NONE in stock. I think TIM_K was the last user on this site that actually got a replacement back.

I wonder if the newest attempt at capacitor related lawsuits has something to do with this?
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
guppergoo

arghhhh

Post by guppergoo »

Here is the info I got back from RMA...

Dear customer,

We are currently out of stock for BP6. We will provide you “Store Credit” for this model. The credit you have is based on your original purchasing invoice. You can pick any ABIT current items as your replacement, including motherboard and video card, and get a replacement from us directly. The price of item you choice will be based on any one of following sources that you can get from:

1. ABIT MSRP – provides directly by ABIT sales department (please advise, if you need it)

2. ABIT distributors selling prices – if you are a reseller and you can get a better price from ABIT distributors (need price proof from you)

3. ABS online store – if you are an end user and you can get a fair price from a most popular online store at www.newegg.com

So please visit ABIT home page at www.abit-usa.com to select any current item you like, and please also provide your original invoice to us. ABIT RMA Dept. will process your request soon. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Customer Service Representative
ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation

So here is the dilemma...being as the board was bought basically the day it was available, however many years ago that was, I can locate the receipt from my purchase. I am sure that abit is going to give me next to nothing if I dont have the receipt. Not only that, but now I have 2 celerons, HSF, 768mb RAM etc that I no longer have a use for.

What suggestions do you guys have for obtaining my original receipt or invoice? I got it from cantek.com, which was suggested by Leo LaPorte way back in the day of ZDTV. I have sent them an email a few weeks back when I sent my board in but never got a response. I will send them another email, but I am not hopeful. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks guys,

Todd
jpnscc

Abit and RMA

Post by jpnscc »

Hello all,
just to let you know, I sent back two BP6 boards to Abit . They received both on the 10th of Feb. I also received the offer to get a store credit for the boards to buy something newer. I had bought both of my systems from E-Bay by the way. They were going to give me about $150 credit for each board. I would use Newegg to "shop" for a board, and they would send it from Abit direct.
Problem was that I did not want to get rid of FOUR CPUs and all my ram.
I called back about repairing both the boards, and they said it would be two weeks as they were out of stock. I called back at two weeks asking that they repair my two and send them back. Long story short...Two REPLACEMENT boards were shipped on the 8th of March.

Seems as they dont work on them there, but deal with some other type of source.
BCN

Post by BCN »

wow!
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

Yes, when I RMA'd my BP6, they told me that someone else was actually doing the rebuilding work. Those boards may get rebuilt eventually, it's just a question of when it will actually happen.

My replacement BP6 has been running 2 533's @ 600 for about 7-8 weeks now doing folding@home at 100% cpu load (a seperate folding job for each processor), and it's been working great so far.

Guppergoo (or anyone else) - I'm looking for 768 MB worth of BP6 compatible RAM for my board. PC100 or PC133. I have 2 128 MB sticks in it now and a 1 GB paging file on the hard drive through the HPT366 hard drive controller. It needs more RAM to say the least!
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
harrijs

Post by harrijs »

As stated above, I was in the same boat. I really wanted to keep my BP6, but Abit informed me that they were out of stock. I asked about the time before they had more, and never recieved an answer. I finally just asked them to send me a new PCI-Express board. The AG8 baord was shipped to me yesterday. I will be awaiting its arrival. I am really bummed that I have no use for my 2 cpus and ram. I may be looking to purchase a BP6 again to use those at a later date. Does anyone want to make an offer on them? The cpus are 500 celerons. I have a hodge-podge of ram for the machine also. I am going to end up dumping quite a bit of money for a new cpu and ram and hard drives and video card. Anyway......
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

Email me at loudmouthtim@hotmail.com and we can talk about the RAM. I need 768 MB for my BP6.
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

yipeeee

I checked(online) the status of my Abit-RMA today.

They show a board was shipped today!!

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
P-III 850@100
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

davd_bob wrote:yipeeee

I checked(online) the status of my Abit-RMA today.

They show a board was shipped today!!
WHAT!? :shock:

(adds TAB to firefox and heads to RMA page)

OMG!

This is the RMA status infromation for my account!

WOOfrickingHOO! (sorry :oops:) NOT! :twisted:

Email from UPS about the ABit Shipment!

Code: Select all

***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation will not receive your reply.

This message was sent to you at the request of ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 21-March-2005

Shipment Detail
Ship To:
Jeffrey S. Geist
900 FoxCroft Court #124
Lincoln
NE
US

Number of Packages:	1
UPS Service:	GROUND
Weight:	3.0 LBS

Tracking Number:	1Z7AT6390348429020
Invoice Number:	DN05020675
Reference Number 2:	05011131

Click here to track if UPS has received your shipment or visit
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US on the Internet.

This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it immediately.

This e-mail was automatically generated by UPS e-mail services at the shipper's request. Any reply to this e-mail will not be received by UPS or the shipper. Please contact the shipper directly if you have questions regarding the referenced shipment or you wish to discontinue this notification service.
Current (3.19.05) UPS Tracking information.

Last edited by hyperspace on Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
harrijs

Post by harrijs »

Well, that blows. It is ok though, because I just picked a BP6 up off ebay for $18.50!! Can't beat that with a stick. I will wait to recieve it and might have to RMA that one also. Hopefully it will just work when I get it. Sweet. Next time I will insist that they wait until they have a replacement board. Good news for you my man.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Um, guys???

If someone can get a BP6 for $20 and RMA it for MSRP value at newegg.com, how long do you think it will be until someone unscrupules starts grabbing all the BP6s on ebay to do just that? And probably other Abit boards for that matter.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
P-III 850@100
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I hope that nobody would. It sounds to me like Abit are acting in an extremely honourable way with their RMA policy. But then there are always a few 'holes who want to scam with someone's goodwill.

Besides, the caps would have to be bad. I can't imagine it's easy to engender bad caps artificially.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

I just want to know why some of us get replacement BP6's and some don't! :?
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Got mine, today!

BP6-OK V1.1 010012232-084X

BP6-TJG009853 (old one was: BP6-TJH001391)

All the capacitors look like the same ones you'd see on any other BP6. Black 1000 µF and green 1500 µF capacitors. They are all Tayeh brand. Same brand on another BP6 I have with green "bulgy" ones on it. There is only one difference. EC10 is 1500 µF, 6.3v (green Tayeh). The HighPoint HPT366 chip shows:

0004 V012 (an another BP6 I have shows: 9926 L005) Maybe nothing...

All the capacitors look shiny new. Handles on the processor sockets are metal.

More after I bring it up with two 366 Celeron processors. Going to try 110Mhz @ stock voltage. (Time: 19:10)
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
guppergoo

Post by guppergoo »

ive sent two emails to the guy who sent me the initial info I shared with ya'll. He still has not gotten back to me yet! Im getting seriously PO'd. How did you go about getting your stuff taken care of? Email only with a specific person or what?

thanks!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOU NEW '6
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

guppergoo wrote:ive sent two emails to the guy who sent me the initial info I shared with ya'll. He still has not gotten back to me yet! Im getting seriously PO'd. How did you go about getting your stuff taken care of? Email only with a specific person or what?

thanks!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOU NEW '6
I sent an email to the "guy", Allen Yeng (or something like that), and another email directly from my ABit RMA account. I asked about having my original BP6 sent back to me. I didn't get a reply from the "guy" and I got an auto-generated reply from the ABit RMA email with no information about returning my BP6. The only information I "received" was the update to My ABit RMA account stating that a BP6 was shipped.

After I installed this replacement BP6, I am not able to start Windows 2000, XP or Linux. The system will boot up and come up to the NT loader even at 110 Mhz. I think there is a BIOS setting(s) that needs to be changed/modified.

More when I get home...
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
guppergoo

Post by guppergoo »

Yeah Alen Leng is the guy who sent me the email and who hasnt responded yet. I will try to send an email to abit RMA directly today.

Thanks and good luck getting it to boot!
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Back on-line!

604Mhz @ 110Mhz! Running two sessions of SETI, of course! :twisted:

Very Important Note!

Make sure you enable ACPI in the BIOS, first.

Went into Mandrake 10.1 @ 66Mhz (366Mhz) FSB, first. Reporting from Win2kPro SP4.

Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

Correction. System locks up with two sessions of SETI running. Otherwise, it runs fine at 110Mhz FSB.

Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

Good stuff! Nice to see that your BP6 is back in business :)
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

WAAh

I got mine 2 days ago. Who ever did the caps SCREWED UP.
One 1000 in a 4-pack and the 1500 closest to the PS2 plugs are swapped !

@$!%$&%^&(%&*

I usually don't talk like that but this sucks.

Now, do I us it as is, or notify them for another swap, or fix it myself, or just pack it away?!?!?

Like I said .. !#%$&#$^)^$%%^

hyperspace wrote:runs fine at 110Mhz FSB.
Whoa, Dual 366@605 on 110FSB !!
I doubt anyone ever thought about 1.2gig of celly processing power back in the day Intel released the 366 .

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
P-III 850@100
harrijs

Post by harrijs »

I recieved my second BP6 off ebay earlier this week. I have not been able to install the board in a chassis yet since I just started a new job, but the visual once-over of the caps seemed to be promising. I purchased this second board not in an attempt to scam the RMA dept. I have two cpu's, ram, agp video, pci nic, etc., that I was going to put back into my old BP6. I didn't want this hardware to be sitting around, so I purchased another board. I want to get it back up and running again. Anyway, davd_bob, I think that you should contact Allen Yeng again, I never had a problem getting a hold of him. It seems to me that any reasonable request is being taken seriously. I will let you guys know what is going on with this machine after easter.