Which temperature sensors are which in MBM 4.18?

Tim_K

Which temperature sensors are which in MBM 4.18?

Post by Tim_K »

I've got my BP6 running 2 533's @ 600, and it runs good. No problems at all so far in 3+ weeks of up time.

I'm using MBM 4.18 to monitor temperatures, but I'm not sure which is which. When I installed MBM, it asked me to specify which 3 sensors to use to gets temperatures with. I selected Winbond 1,2, and 3 from the motherboard.

But I haven't seen anything to tell me which sensor is for CPU 0, 1, and the case temperature.

I'm assuming the case temp is #3, but don't know which other sensor is CPUs 0 and 1.

Does anyone know which sensors to specify for each thing to be monitored?
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

case is 3
cpu 0 is 1
cpu 1 is 2

not that the cpu's matter, they should be the same, most of the time
davd_bob
Confused

Re: Which temperature sensors are which in MBM 4.18?

Post by davd_bob »

Tim_K wrote:I've got my BP6 running 2 533's @ 600, and it runs good. No problems at all so far in 3+ weeks of up time.
Sweet.

I encountered someone that was using peltiers or something that got above 400@660 on 110FSB on one of his boards. At first I was unsure if this was do-able. We contacted by email a few times since and now Im pretty sure he did actually get those results. He has never tried to duplicate them though. Makes me wonder though if running 400@600 might be even more productive then 366s.

David
Tim_K

Post by Tim_K »

Sorry about the triple post. I was hitting the Submit button and nothing seemed to be happening.

My MB is a fresh Abit RMA unit.

Why is this site always so slow and laggy? Is it run by a BP6 with a pair of 300 Celerons and 64 MB RAM or something? Even when I'm going to it on a cable modem and a 2.2 Ghz Barton 2500+ it's slow.

I looked in MBM 4.18 again, and the list of sensor choices is:

Winbond 1
Winbond 1 - P2 thermal diode
Winbond 2
Winbond 2 - P2 thermal diode
Winbond 3
Winbond 3 - P3 thermal diode

If I select the thermal diode options, I get no temperature readings. If I select the plain 1,2, and 3 options, the readings come back.

As far as CPU 0 and 1 and the case temperature, I had them right already.
See "Online Video" the internets comedy / opinion webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Tim_K wrote:Sorry about the triple post. I was hitting the Submit button and nothing seemed to be happening.

My MB is a fresh Abit RMA unit.

Why is this site always so slow and laggy? Is it run by a BP6 with a pair of 300 Celerons and 64 MB RAM or something?...
DareDevil gonna love ya for sure now. :twisted:

BTW, I think there is such a load on the server that it bogs down after a number of days of up-time. I noticed the
S L O W
P O S T I N G
A B I L I T Y
my self. After hitting "SUBMIT" I hit the "BACK" button and go to the next message. No sence waiting for what I just wrote, cause I know what it says. So far, everytime I did the "submit then back" combo my message did post correctly.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I dunno what you guys are talking about :mrgreen:
-Derek