Class action suit agains Abit

lungster

Class action suit agains Abit

Post by lungster »

Sorry if this is common knowledge - I didn't see it posted and thought it might be of interest to some.

I was flipping through the March '05 PC World today and an item on page 30 caught my eye. The ad is about a class action suit against Abit for bad caps on a bunch of mobos. The BP6 is NOT on the list of mobos but other popular Abit mobos of the same vintage and later are included. In particular the listed mobos are the BE6, BE6II, BF6, BX-133, KA7, KA7-100, SE6, VH6, VH6II, VH6T, VP6, KT7-RAID, KT7A, KT7A-RAID, VL6, VT6X4, SA6R and BX133-RAID.

The settlement is for Abit to replace the caps and pay the cost of shipping and extend the warranty period.

For more info look up www.abitsettlement.com.

#include <std.disclaimer>
I'm just passing along info and have no stake in this legal action.
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

I think some people are so stupid. Doesn't Abit do that already through their RMA program?

BTW,
I contacted Abit RMA and got a request number, then got my RMA number then UPS came and picked up my board 3 days ago. I DID replace some of the caps already but the last one a lead got stuck only partially seated and I feared I would damage the trace if I used enough heat to free it. Thats why I used the RMA. I will make a different post when I get the board back.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
MD_Willington

Post by MD_Willington »

I recapped my BE6ii, was no sweat...Used Nichicon PW(M) series.

MD