Creative

Derek
Site Admin

Creative

Post by Derek »

I really wish they could be creative with their drivers and code something that works with SMP capabilities! :x
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

What problem do their drivers give on SMP systems?
I had SB Live! 4.1 value edition on WinXP Pro with SMP & working ok.
Then again, I was only using the M-S XP drivers, not Creative's.
I also had to retire my Creative DVD decoder card CT7610, because of no WinXP driver support.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

I don’t even want to start talking about the problems… Just let me vent, okay :o
johnli

Creative Drivers

Post by johnli »

Creative's win32 drivers are appalling. The card itself is quite nice, but conflicts with just about anything - mine tends to take out networking so that it complains the cable isnt plugged in when it clearly is.
I have had several years of bad experiance with creative cards, and will never buy or reccomend their products again. On an aside, I still use my SB16 Pro (very nice card for its age) for the odd occasion when i boot in to linux and my nice Yamaha jobby doesnt work.
Regards,
John
Snugglebear

Post by Snugglebear »

RRLedford wrote:What problem do their drivers give on SMP systems?
I had SB Live! 4.1 value edition on WinXP Pro with SMP & working ok.
Then again, I was only using the M-S XP drivers, not Creative's.
I also had to retire my Creative DVD decoder card CT7610, because of no WinXP driver support.
Constant BSODs until the OS is completely hosed and has to be reinstalled from scratch. Creative + BP6 = nightmare. Creative + VP6 = nightmare. Creative + Tyan = nightmare. Turtle Beach = heaven, by comparison.