BP6 can't detect wireless pci D-Link DWL G510

nohead

BP6 can't detect wireless pci D-Link DWL G510

Post by nohead »

I just got my d-link wireless pci adapter (DWL G510). It's a 32bits adapter PCI 2.2 compliant. No matter which pci slot on the bp6 I use, the card can't be detected once inside of windows (xp sp2). I know this card works, I've tested on another computer. I know that if I enabled "Delayed Transaction" in Chipset Feature in Bios, my bp6 will be PCI 2.1 compliant. Is that possible that PCI 2.1 compliant can't read a pci 2.2 card??
BP6 is the fun, u just can't stop it...
Sky isn't the limit, I am.
nohead

Post by nohead »

I guess that the "pci 2.2" is really the problem. Sigh, gotta find another 2.1 compliant card or usb for my bp6 now...
BP6 is the fun, u just can't stop it...
Sky isn't the limit, I am.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

hehe

The joys of owning a BP6 :D
-Derek
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Derek wrote:hehe

The joys of owning a BP6 :D
Anyone heard when they are going to release the new ZP6?
I think it will dual the new 128 bit Pentium V.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
nlbohreb

Re: BP6 can't detect wireless pci D-Link DWL G510

Post by nlbohreb »

nohead wrote:I just got my d-link wireless pci adapter (DWL G510). It's a 32bits adapter PCI 2.2 compliant. No matter which pci slot on the bp6 I use, the card can't be detected once inside of windows (xp sp2). I know this card works, I've tested on another computer. I know that if I enabled "Delayed Transaction" in Chipset Feature in Bios, my bp6 will be PCI 2.1 compliant. Is that possible that PCI 2.1 compliant can't read a pci 2.2 card??
BP6 will also not detect an ASUS WL-138G and a MSI PC11B2. In both cases the BP6 will not boot. There is no beep at all! Any ideas? The Asus is standard PCI 1.0.
hyperspace
Board Admin

Re: BP6 can't detect wireless pci D-Link DWL G510

Post by hyperspace »

nlbohreb wrote:
nohead wrote:I just got my d-link wireless pci adapter (DWL G510). It's a 32bits adapter PCI 2.2 compliant. No matter which pci slot on the bp6 I use, the card can't be detected once inside of windows (xp sp2). I know this card works, I've tested on another computer. I know that if I enabled "Delayed Transaction" in Chipset Feature in Bios, my bp6 will be PCI 2.1 compliant. Is that possible that PCI 2.1 compliant can't read a pci 2.2 card??
BP6 will also not detect an ASUS WL-138G and a MSI PC11B2. In both cases the BP6 will not boot. There is no beep at all! Any ideas? The Asus is standard PCI 1.0.
For the ASUS WL-138G, check out this link:

http://club.aopen.com.tw/faq/FAQ_ShowAn ... ge=English

Q5808: Why after installing ASUS WL-138G wireless card on my motherboard or cube the system will not boot?

Upon checking the design and pin definition of this specific card we found out that it uses some connections that will not be compatible on some of our boards/cube. To address this issue, it is needed that pin 1 of the wireless card be block. This pin is located on the solder side (or the side of the card with no components installed). Start counting from the end of PCI bracket. An image link is available for additional reference.

I did a Google search and there were many "will not boot" links. Wonder if ASUS and MSI use the circuit board design (maybe same chipset) for their wireless cards. Covering pin 1 on the MSI card might correct the problem.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

hyperspace wrote:
nlbohreb wrote:
For the ASUS WL-138G, check out this link:

http://club.aopen.com.tw/faq/FAQ_ShowAn ... ge=English

Q5808: Why after installing ASUS WL-138G wireless card on my motherboard or cube the system will not boot?

Upon checking the design and pin definition of this specific card we found out that it uses some connections that will not be compatible on some of our boards/cube. To address this issue, it is needed that pin 1 of the wireless card be block. This pin is located on the solder side (or the side of the card with no components installed). Start counting from the end of PCI bracket. An image link is available for additional reference.

I did a Google search and there were many "will not boot" links. Wonder if ASUS and MSI use the circuit board design (maybe same chipset) for their wireless cards. Covering pin 1 on the MSI card might correct the problem.
Can anyone confirm this?
-Derek
stevoh

pci 2.1 card

Post by stevoh »

i have a belkin pci wireless card which similarly wont detect in win xp.

i looked on the belkin site and it says i need at least pci version 2.2 on the board. bp6 must be 2.1 so i think thats it , so like you usb wireless nic or new pc is the only answer.