There, its finished..

Puppas

There, its finished..

Post by Puppas »

FINALLY !

I finished my second BP6 system today, and it feels good =)

I stumbled across an Aopen Hq08 the other day, and it was awful...Someone had done a paint job, or atleast tried to =)
And i thought that it would be ideal to house my second BP6, and it would also be cool to have to identical systems, in identical housings..

So i bought it of course and began to work my magic fingers ( :roll: ) and this is what i came up with..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Beautiful restoration.

Congratulations! :D

Now you can enjoy it :)
-Derek
Puppas

Post by Puppas »

For those of you with a keen eye....
Yes, it is a modded 3Com hub that is modded and fitted into the shiny Hq right below the ethernet card....
Now you know :D
headseed

Post by headseed »

Heh, I see a blue keyboard in your other pics, running on your other rig. I am making a guess that it was in fact you who botched the original paint job!!! No offense meant, just playing detective.

Nice BP6s btw...

Oh and I just got another dual 366/v1.0 bp6 combo, it came with 384MB ram and some nice globalwin hsfs also. Oh and a promise ultra66 card. woohoo! Hmm, I better check and see how my rma status is progressing.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Puppas wrote:For those of you with a keen eye....
Yes, it is a modded 3Com hub that is modded and fitted into the shiny Hq right below the ethernet card....
Now you know :D
Thanks for the details...When I saw that it was really bugging me to know what it was.

btw...cool case both.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
headseed

Post by headseed »

Well, it could've been one of those elite Phobos 4 port NICs.

Just got off of the phone with Abit, they are 2nd day airing me a new old stock BP6!!! Woot woot!!!!
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
Puppas

Post by Puppas »

Thx ereyone... :D

And no, it was not me who painted the Aopen Hq :lol:
The keyboard though, yes it was me :oops:
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

headseed,
Im just curious.
According to your SIG you are running 366 and 400s at 92FSB. Have you tried the 366s at 99(or 100) and the 400s at 96fsb just to see what happens. Maybe you are needing such a level of stability that it is necessary to UNDERCLOCK your PCI/AGP cards.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

if you manage to find one of the later versions of the case, they also come (sometimes) with a twin 4 or 6 cm exhaust holes already installed above the kb/mouse area on the back. very nice looking, and ideal for the dual cpu air extraction
headseed

Post by headseed »

I just never updated my sig. I am running a VP6 now, and have all the BP6s on hold, I am waiting for my two antec psus to get back from RMA. I did have the 366s at 550 ( I have 4 366s), but the 400s wouldn't go above 92fsb at all, at least on the board I tried them on. When my new board gets here (tomorrow, thanks Abit!) then I'll try them maybe, if I gots a psu somewhere around here.
davd_bob wrote:headseed,
Im just curious.
According to your SIG you are running 366 and 400s at 92FSB. Have you tried the 366s at 99(or 100) and the 400s at 96fsb just to see what happens. Maybe you are needing such a level of stability that it is necessary to UNDERCLOCK your PCI/AGP cards.
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz