sound question and request

DerekDRP
Gaming Guru

sound question and request

Post by DerekDRP »

Hi all I am still here been playing city of hero's has some nice boom effects ( my Klisch 2.1 speakers are ok for the time being ). but i want my hair to rise on end and feel like i am being kicked in the back ( like in my car with my kappa infinity's 10's ) . ( i will be getting the sound blaster audigy pro ) for sound card ).

but what speakers do you guys sudgest ( I can spend around $400 ) .

thanks derek.
I lay it out !!!! for you all to play it out !!!! .
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

some nice JLs are cheap and build a nice ported box for it
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is
DerekDRP
Gaming Guru

Post by DerekDRP »

I may get 2 jlb subs 1 8 inch woofer and 1 10 inch woofer and then insert them to my chair woot then i will feel the bass :) Oh yea.
headseed

Post by headseed »

Get the expensive Klipse (spelling is wrong I know). But for gaming I suggest headphones/mic, especially for fps games.
Dual Barton Mobile 1.8ghz
Venice 3000+ @ 2.6ghz
lots of BP6s and two VP6s all apart currently
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

If you want, get some bass shakers (Tactile transeducers) and mount them to your seat and turn them to ultra low frequencies and use that with a sub next to you so you can feel the ULB frequencies.
I got a pair of ones made by aura that I got cheap off of E-bay mounted to my swively office chair, one on the butt and one on the lower back with the my logitech sub pointed at me. UT2K4 is AWSOME! expecially the shock rifle, setting off the ball of plasma, that shockwave just hits you hard.
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is
DerekDRP
Gaming Guru

Post by DerekDRP »

holodeck i play unreal 2k4 as well :) I have the klipsch ( headseed) your only off by a letter not bad though ) I was thinking thins.

1>Sound blaster pro audiitgy 2.
1>rockfordfosgate s series 600 watt amp ) ( same as in my car )
1>450 watt power inverter
1>custemade back brace for the chair add the subs and so on ( use a surround sound type system as well )

what all do you think?
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

make sure to put some neons on the chair.
kuun might loan you some.

hahahaha
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Re: sound question and request

Post by InactiveX »

DerekDRP wrote:but i want my hair to rise on end and feel like i am being kicked in the back

( I can spend around $400 ) .
For $400, I will come round to yours with a can of hairspray and will kick you in the back as many times as you like.

:twisted:
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
lungster

powered subwoofer

Post by lungster »

For $400 you can get a decent powered subwoofer with a built-in variable low-pass crossover. Bass shakers are nice for that "sensaround" appeal but nothing truly replaces real bass frequencies to rattle the gut.

Check out Hsu Research <http://www.hsuresearch.com/> for real subwoofer technology without the marketing nonsense, at a reasonable price. Adire Audio <http://www.adireaudio.com/> has the Rava sub at $399 with the wonderful Shiva driver. Or try and make your own sub and save some $. My web site at lungster.com has info on DIY audio. Good luck.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

lungster!

It's been a while! Hope you're well.

:D
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
lungster

Post by lungster »

I'm still around; stop in occasionally to check out what's new (usually when I get in that upgrade mood; actually it's a disease - "upgradeitis"). But I finally tossed in the towel this weekend. My need for speed surpassd my devotion to the BP6; and I got this dual P3 for free :) Actually I tried installing SuSE on it and it was all smooth sailing until the very end when the video vanished. And here I was thinking that my debug days on the BP6 was over !

Over ? Did you say Over ? ....