I'M BACK I'M BACK I'M BACK!! well kinda

Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

I'M BACK I'M BACK I'M BACK!! well kinda

Post by Holodeck2 »

Well Derek decided to heckle me again today so I thought I'd post something to appease him :P

You can blame college and my lack of funds for pulling me away
And now for some catching up.

This is Catalyst. This is my current project and gaming computer.
it's not completely done. There's no case yet because I kind of ran out of money to complete it :roll:
Some specs: 240GB in RAID
ATI 9700PRO 128MB
Athlon XP overclocked to 3000+ stock was 2600+ I think
Only mod was to remove couple capacitors from the motherboard and relocate them to fit the massive Thermalright 900U heatsink

here's another view of it and yes, it's in a closet because I ran out of space in the dorms :D and unfortunately I do get a lot of "Fred hasn't come out of the closet yet" jokes.
Just some objects of interest in the picture: on the top shelf you can see an Emachine on the left and the HP on the right, both are my Linux boxes (not hooked up in the picture) one's redhat and the other's bsd
The jacket with the P on the right door hanger is a Purdue Marching Band Uniform
and on the lower right hand corner you see a red and black wire on the floor, those are the power and Ethernet cables to provide power to the closet

This is my work area and the computer in view is UGM. pronounced Uh-Gim for Ultimate Gaming Machine. (back in it's days)
it's the BP6 in it's sad state, the watercooling unit is hanging out like guts to the left of the case. it's limping along with dual 366@550s because one of the superchips blew.
Has 8 HDs with 520GB of various storage space
And it's dual monitor (19in) for a dual processor system :wink:
This is my main workstation, even after all these years, used for serving, word processing, images, and most important of all coding.
Triboots with XP, BeOS, Redhat

and lastly
Just to give you a spatial relationship view of the Catalyst on the left, inside the closet, and UGM on the right

Well, since next week is what we call "dead week" over here, it's the week before exams, and profs usually don't assign homework.
I'll be so bored out of my mind trying to cram a semester of stuff in my head that I just might lurk around here for a while.

C ya
HD2
yea, back from the dead

If it ain't broken, mod it until it is
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

WOW ! Welcome back, HD2 !

Good to hear from you. Xcellent post! Looks as like you have adjusted well to college life judging by all the computer equipment. :lol:

Hope you can jump onto the forum between exams. Hey, did you ever have the BP6 OC'd @ 133Mhz? I can't remember. :oops:
Last edited by hyperspace on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Holodeck2! Can it really be you?

I'm still waiting for Part 2 of the Watercooled BP6 video tutorial. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're well, and stay around if you get the time!
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

It’s really me! The one and only.
LOL good to see some oldtimers sticking around.
Yeah I was the odd ball with the Madly OCed BP6 :tap:
Way back when I was young and thought that I was invincible. Playing with scavenged power supplies, and jerry rigged cooling systems. Now that I look back on it, it was pretty bad and dangerous... good thing that my parents didn’t ask too many questions. :mrgreen:
Was there a part 1 of the watercooling? :wink: Eh I’ll get to it this summer... or something
Summer = job = money = projects :bigroll:

yeah yeah, I know, I'm having way too much fun with these emoticons :screwy:
yea, back from the dead

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

Zetetic, and now Holodeck2!!!! :cheers:

We're spoiled!!!!!!! :coolman:

:peace:
-Derek
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

ya mean, I don't quite rate a party ;-(
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

Did you ever do any more HDD window mods, Holodeck2?
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
Holodeck2
Modder Extraordinaire

Post by Holodeck2 »

lol don't worry dave rave one day your time will come :D

yeah I've made a couple HD mods and other stuff over here.
take a look at the third picture of my desk,
on the top of the desk the thing holding my "pimp hat" up, those yellow things are the curved C clamps that I use and that tackle box looking thing wedged between the bed and the printer stand, holds the modding tools, soldering iron :shock: (shhhh, don't tell my RA) , dremel, electronics and what not.
So yeah, been keeping busy :wink:
yea, back from the dead