USB ver.2.0 PCI host card

Majzan

USB ver.2.0 PCI host card

Post by Majzan »

I'm sure this question been asked before but I need to ask as well.

I have put a offbrand USB ver.2.0 PCI host card in my puter the installation worked just fine BUT when I put any kind of USBs in to it it will not sense there is stuff in it. It sais nada, no "new hardware have been detected..."

So my questions are.. :!:

* Could it be the BIOS? I think its RU, dont remember thouhg *G* /me senile :?

* Could it be that my computer did sense the card but hates it anyway and wont allow it?

* Broken?

or

* I need to get a REAL USB2 card?...

I got w2k and sp 4 on a BP6 machine....

A big Thank You in advance

//Majzan

BTW I love this site and this fourm :))... never let it pass away. :D im so forever greatful for your help even it have feelt like I have been asking stupid questions you allways answerd very kindly. You guys are the best...
The horror/classic DChub
horror.hopto.org
RRLedford
HPT IS EVIL!

Post by RRLedford »

I have had a pair of BP6's going for 4 years & a third one for 1.5 years.
When USB 2.0 first arrived, I was an early adopter , using "off-brand" affordable cards. I had nothing but trouble with these - and with a USB wireless LAN adapter on 2 systems, plus USB keyboard/mouse setups added to the picture, I was in USB 2.0 hell.
Then I got the Adaptec USB 2.0 Connect card 3100 model & all USB2 problems faded from my BP6 world. This brand is worth the extra money for sure. The bundled S/W is the absolute best for indicating what's up with all the USB devices connected to your system. I will not use anything but Adaptec USB 2.0 from now on.
Zero point energy
Majzan

Post by Majzan »

:D ok thanx a lot for the tipp ill get a Adaptec instead of this... One thing is for sure, no point to get anny kind off offbrand card again... Cheep yes but it seams like they are mostly crap :roll:

Thanx again :D
The horror/classic DChub
horror.hopto.org