Newbie alert...

Majzan

Newbie alert...

Post by Majzan »

Ok folks I'm new here and if any of my questions have been asked before I apologize for repeating them...

Questions:

1) I need to make bootCD's for w2k and XP. Where can i find an .IMA file that starts boots up directly from the CD. I got a .IMA that boots up to DOS, but i rather have a bootCD that starts the installation aplication. (Nero wants an IMA file to make an bootCD.)

2) My computer just keep on booting up, the boot proces look ok untill the boot pic of w2k is suposed to show up then the boot process starts over and over and over again. That is why I'm planing to reset the BIOS to test if that might help, but I dont have a clue where on the board i find the jumper's to do this.

I got an p2, 500Hz x 2 BP6.
johnli

Re: Newbie alert...

Post by johnli »

Majzan wrote: 1) I need to make bootCD's for w2k and XP. Where can i find an .IMA file that starts boots up directly from the CD. I got a .IMA that boots up to DOS, but i rather have a bootCD that starts the installation aplication. (Nero wants an IMA file to make an bootCD.)
Win2k/XP CDs are bootable, failing that you can make a boot floppy from the main executable on the CD, search on [link="http://support.microsoft.com"]The MS Knowledge Base[/link] for instructions. You should be able to use this floppy to make a boot image, or you can boot with the floppies.
Majzan wrote: 2) My computer just keep on booting up, the boot proces look ok untill the boot pic of w2k is suposed to show up then the boot process starts over and over and over again. That is why I'm planing to reset the BIOS to test if that might help, but I dont have a clue where on the board i find the jumper's to do this.
The jumper is located next to the battery, and labled there. Make sure you have DISCONNECTED the power from the mains before switching the jumper.
Just to check before wiping the CMOS: Can you boot in to safemode? (Press F8 where indicated in the process)

If you need any further help please give more details of hardware setup: graphics card, HD etc.
Regards,
John