Once again its a p4, sorry since this IS A BP6 site -_-'

Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Once again its a p4, sorry since this IS A BP6 site -_-'

Post by Blueneko »

Alpha PAL8942
Taisol Heat Pipe

Sorry for being so far away form the actual BP6.. But Im just being overwhelmed on which heatsink to get. And if it fits.
I was looking at the alpha heatsink, but they say its fairly large, and im uncertain wether or not it would fit on an asus P4B motherboard. Im aiming to overclock a P4 1.6A (northwood) to 2.4 or less. Now I know im being extremely silly, but I would like to see what you guys have to say about this.
Then ive looked at nexfans' site for a p4 cooler, and I was looking at the Taisol Heat Pipe cooler. Im curious to find out if there are any better Air cooling devices out there which to take aim at.

And if by chance, any recomendations of ramsinks (ones that are similar to RDRAM) Or should I even worry about the pc133 memory being cooked alive?
Slagathor

Post by Slagathor »

With water cooling, the only time you have to worry about condensation is with a pelt right??????

And while we are on the subject, how would this work.....:
I have a Volcano 7, and I cut the temp sensor off so it would run at full.
Could a cold plate be placed on the CPU, then a small pelt, then the V7????

But seeing as how I never delt with a pelt before I would ask the pro's.....
DFI 790FX-M2R
AMD Phenom 9850BE
2x2gb Mushkin Redline@1066 5-5-5-16
2x 250GB WD 16mb SATA Raid 0
eVGA 8800GTS SC
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

Slagathor wrote:With water cooling, the only time you have to worry about condensation is with a pelt right??????

Yes, unless your actively cooling your water supply, through a drinks chiller or a radiator inside a cooler for example.