Back to the future

onelegdis

Back to the future

Post by onelegdis »

Those mad old silver surfers over at BP6.com have done it again!
Daredevil, now 104 years old, along with the few remaining old guard have managed to mod the classic BP6 to run dual Intel P51 “Mustang” 5 THz (terahertz) processors

These classic BP6 boards now bare no resemblance to the 1998 original.
The main modifications are based around 2 of Powerleap’s NEO 8000+ (the original 8000 was not compatible with SMP).
The Highpoint controller has been bypassed in favor of a Promise Ultra 128000 TX81.
The antique “BX chipset” has been cryogenically super cooled and the whole motherboard encased in one of Teradyne.inc’s latest full emersion silicon storage units.

On a less positive note and after many attempts, the handful of BP6 owners left, have given up on trying to reach the mythical 124/133 FSB speed they have sought so long to achieve.
Daredevil’s only disappointment is the fact that our good friends from alpha century prime landed on Earth 1 day before the BP6 SETI user group made it to the number one spot. He was also saddened that his good friend HAL was not there to see this monumental event after donating 38 million years in CPU time to SETI!

Extract from “Classic Computer Hardware.com” November 18th 2053.
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

ROFLMFAO! I can't wait to see the day! :lol:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!!!!!!
Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

LOL

but one thing, what happened to all his followers (everyone whos joined lately) and what about RRLedFord with his car that wakes everyone up with the sound of the planet taking a dump and his celeron 1.0gig >>> 112.2 TRB or whatever he says, and the super duper copper sinks (like mine he pressed on urging everyone to get, which kick ass)