Lecturer censored in Spanish University

Derek
Site Admin

Lecturer censored in Spanish University

Post by Derek »

Jorge Cortell wrote:This what happened to me when trying to defend the legal use of P2P networks in Spain.
Jorge Cortell wrote:Later on that day (May 4th, I will never forget), I received a call from the Director of the Masters Degree Program where I was teaching telling me that the Dean had called and had asked him to "make sure I did not teach there again", and on a second call saying "it's your choice, but also your responsibility".
:arrow: Link to Article
-Derek
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

much as anyone can defend the legal use of any P2P software, in the guise to which it is advertised for legal use, who would actually use it that way ?
it's a file / program share system, and it will be abused !! :wink:

unfortunately, condoning the use of a system that can be obviously used for illegal purposes pretty much acknowledges some avenue for abuse for it's use for that illegal purpose, even if not actually, but you can't say in any discourse of it's merits / demerits without saying that it could be used for that purpose. :roll:

uhm....... hope that's clear, as my usual mud is 8) :lol:
Dave Rave
G'Day Mate!

Post by Dave Rave »

oh yeh, so, without having read the whole thing,....
sorry, but, he shouldn't be fired for advocating 'LEGAL' use of a P2P system, but the obviousness of it's illegailty is hard to hide