71%
No
29%

Total votes: 42

Derek
Site Admin

Computer Games

Post by Derek »

Do you play computer games? (IE. Half Life, Age of Mythology, DOOM, Battlefield etc.)
-Derek
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Yes if you call Warcraft II and Dungeon Seige gaming.

I enjoy supporting my wife on Warcraft II. We play a network version with 6 opponants and I usually just stand back and keep her people healed up while she does battle. Some times we can get through a secenario without even one causualty.
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

I play Enemy Territory once a week with a certain group of people on a server that I host. My plan is to try out Doom3 and Unreal Tournament 4 as soon as I get the time to (which should maybe happen in my next life).
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

The last game I played to the end was the original Quake. I've kind of lost interest in gaming now, so I answered no.

Very occasionally though, I pull out my Gameboy for some retro gaming. My favourite type of game is the simple type that just gets faster and faster until it's too frantic to keep up with.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

Super Nintendo TO THE END
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
Billl

Post by Billl »

purrkur wrote:I play Enemy Territory once a week with a certain group of people on a server that I host. My plan is to try out Doom3 and Unreal Tournament 4 as soon as I get the time to (which should maybe happen in my next life).
I'm with Purrkur on this one. I'm thinking maybe in my next life I'll get to play all those games I really want to be playing in this one! :)
PDR60

Post by PDR60 »

Well I know exactly what you guys mean. I still enjoy gaming but at a very reduced amount. For example, I bought Painkiller back in June and I just finished it about a week ago. It was fun. Then My wife bought me half-Life 2 for my birthday back in November and I bet I have that one finished by ..... oh about June. I have a copy of Doom 3 but I haven't even loaded it yet. I have no idea when I'll have that one finished. But its fun still the same.
( of course i play them all on linux now)
I enjoy them but I just don't have the time to get to them. Anyways, happy holidays and hope we all have a great new year.

PDR60
BCN

Post by BCN »

I am a gamer, that's for sure, but recently, just had no time for it. I am planning on buying a home for me, so I am working my ass of, to get the money needed for a start.

and for the same reason have not been here for a quite a while...
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
hyperspace
Board Admin

Post by hyperspace »

BCN wrote:... I am planning on buying a home for me, so I am working my ass of, to get the money needed for a start.

and for the same reason have not been here for a quite a while...
Good to hear from you, BCN ! Come by when you can... 8)
Quantum WormHole

lost in hypertime...
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

I'm a gamer, but a Quake loyalist. I started playing Quake 1 again a few months ago, and I'm delving into some of the mods (like Zerstörer, that one is so good..) that I missed the first time around.

And, running it on much more modern hardware with an updated engine (Quakeforge rocks) is just awesome; it is so much more smooth now, even with the transparent water patch.

I still break out the Q3A on occasion, but it doesn't have a good single player mode.

Jeff
"If it ain't broke, mod it till it is"
They said... and now my BP6 needs new processors... D'oh
Slackware Linux v10.1
Wolfram

Post by Wolfram »

Quake was the game that really got me addicted to computer gaming. I had played computer games since the days of Pong, but 3D was the thing for me because I'm not really interested in playing games, but I love being in a completely different world. Especially when it's full of horrors!

I played Quake for the first time on a Pentium 133 in software mode (S3 Trio!) without sound. Could not stop til I was through.

I also like the Zerstörer mod. Does that one work with one of the new engines?

Tried Tenebrae and found it awesome. Unfortunately I cound't play the whole game because one map always crashed when I loaded it. Damn.

2004 was great for me. Far Cry, Doom3, Half-Life2. Had less interest in gaming after the original Half-Life. There were few really interesting single player games (like American McGee's Alice), and while I liked Medal Of Honor, I was fed up with all these WWII games, I prefer SciFi/Horror singleplayer scenarios.
BP6, RU BIOS, XP SP3, ACPI, 2x366@523(1,95V), Pentalpha HS + 1x 12cm fan @5V, 768MB, Powercolor Geforce 3, RTL8139D NIC, Terratec EWS64L, Samsung M40 80GB (2,5''), LiteOn CDRW
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Quakeforge runs Zerstörer without any problems.

It's also been ported to tenebrae (you can download the new progs.dat of off the tenebrae site. Zerstörer is the mod he used as the example for the "how to port old mods to tenebrae" doc. I make no gaurantees about the stability of it under tenebrae (which I haven't even tried. I get 3fps in the entry hall for e1m1 under tenebrae... It's just not playable... Oh well, I get fully featured Quakeforge running completely smoothly everywhere on my box now. I can live with that).

Jeff
"If it ain't broke, mod it till it is"
They said... and now my BP6 needs new processors... D'oh
Slackware Linux v10.1
onelegdis

Post by onelegdis »

Hi all, long time no post! Hope your all well.

As for gaming, it a big yes. Set up a clan with 7 other players about 5 months ago. We're playing Call of Duty United Offensive hosted on a dual Opteron 246, 2048 MB on a 100 meg pipe based in Canary Wharf in London UK.

8)
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

I use the wonderful Horizon BBC Micro Emulator to play Elite, my favourite game ever.

-> BP6.com Membership <-
BCN

Post by BCN »

LOL :) that is an OLD game :)
Dual C366@550MHz 1.90V :) (History)
yet single PIII-S 512Kb L2 cache at 1400MHz@700MHz
BP6 (not modded yet)
256MB PC133 C2
GF4Ti4200-8x
Maxtor 2x60Gb - all on promise ATA133
Lite-On LTR 40125S@48125W!!!
Plus P4 system
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

An oldie but a goodie!

I used to get home from school and play Elite until I fell asleep.

I still can't believe they fit the whole game into 20K of RAM. :shock:
-> BP6.com Membership <-