the largest LAn party worldwide

kuun
Post-O-Matic

the largest LAn party worldwide

Post by kuun »

hosted in norway

http://home.c2i.net/meldisen/tg99panorama.jpg

this year 5100+ people bought tickets which are about $70USD for a 5 day lan party

1GB/s connection

this is something i have dreamed about... i mean... jeez, the people you'd meet, the computers you could get into and steal mp3's and movies and other cool stuff from (i am a firm believer in privacy, i wont take or look at things besides movies and mp3's and such)

and a personal 900KB/s+ connection for 5 days

man i'd fill a 60 GB harddrive up in 2 days

then i'd fill the 40GB up in another day

then i'd fill my 20 Gb up in 12 hours

then i'd only have a 10GB left to use for 2 days....

sheesh

*drool*
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

:shock: I wonder how much software trading goes on with connection like that!!! :yikes:

I wish I could be there :)
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

derek...

total.. they max out the connection doing nothing but trading software and stuff

it's amazing

lets setup a bp6.com teram and go next year

that'd rock
!!! WARNING !!!

Blueneko
aka Gabumon

Post by Blueneko »

:shock:
......*note to self, borrow company's dual xeon server with 3/4 Terrabyte storage space*

Ah sign me up! :twisted:
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

hahahaha

that shit is jsut truely amazing... it's.. OMFG im still drooling and i hear about it 2 days ago

damn i so wanna go

im gonna try to get enough money saved up to go next year, i'd like to go with a bunch of people. it'd be an event you'd never forget

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!

vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

well i am started an unofficial fundraiser to send someone there to represent the bp6 community. i donate $5 so we have a total of $5 in the pool. i would say if we raise a few hundred we should be fine. anyways anyone else willing to donate just say so (and yes derek if you want you can move this to a new section or a new topic or something). all you have to do to be eligible to go to it is that you must take your bp6 machine (the more of them the better) to it.

back to the fundraiser now, yes we should send someone. i would love to volunteer myself but i think it would be cheaper and more feasible to send someone already in europe to it next year. any european bp6ers wish to volunteer themselves?
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

vgoraz wrote:well i am started an unofficial fundraiser to send someone there to represent the bp6 community. i donate $5 so we have a total of $5 in the pool. i would say if we raise a few hundred we should be fine. anyways anyone else willing to donate just say so (and yes derek if you want you can move this to a new section or a new topic or something). all you have to do to be eligible to go to it is that you must take your bp6 machine (the more of them the better) to it.

back to the fundraiser now, yes we should send someone. i would love to volunteer myself but i think it would be cheaper and more feasible to send someone already in europe to it next year. any european bp6ers wish to volunteer themselves?
That's a great idea, but it will take some time and planning that I don't have at the moment (I'm working on the site ;)). So, someone needs to head this movement. vgoraz, since you had the idea, I nominate you to head the fundraiser and add another $5 to the pool :)

I’m sure we can work something out and make this work. Heck, maybe someone from our community already goes to the LAN party!
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

im going reguardless

and im taking both of my bp6's with me :)

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!

vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

ok well kunn seems to be a good candidate to send to it, that way it would not matter to much if we raise that much money as well it will just help him out to pay for part of it.
as for other candidates, well if you wish to be considered just say so and why you think you should be, nothing to in depth or serious though (this isnt any sort of formal application with essay or anything).
i will post back up later with the official donate to pool address. i will probably do a paypal type thing though i am looking at alternatives as many people do seem to not like paypal (check out http://www.paypalsucks.com), but yes once i set up the official fund location just post your donation amounts in here.
it would be cool to promote this site or dual processing at the lan fest. it would be nice to have an official bp6.com sticker or have the goer wear a tshirt promoting this site with the back being like a memberlist or something (hell i would actually buy a tshirt like that if it was ever made), but yeah i dont know i think in some way the person going should show off bp6s. dont know how really, people should suggest something. so yeah, please suggest things
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

i like the idea of a t-shirt

when i go im gonna setup a banner about bp6's and show off my dual cpu's

im gonna fix up my computers so they look nice and gonna turn one of them into a massive storage server..

if possible i'd like a bp6.com mousepad (im a mousepad collector) those would me cool... maybe a mouse pad with the picture of a bp6 on it.. those would help raise money

Kuun
!!! WARNING !!!