Office 12 Screenshots

Moderator: News Team

Derek
Site Admin

Office 12 Screenshots

Post by Derek »

There are some screenshots online of Microsoft's next version of Office.
Microsoft Watch wrote:Testers aren't slated to get Office 12 Beta 1 until some time next month. But that isn't stopping screen shots of Microsoft's next-gen Office suite from showing up early. The ActiveWin.com folks have posted 16 screen shots of the various Office 12 apps, including Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint. But as we don't yet know which Office 12 build will be designated as the official Beta 1, it's hard to say exactly what we're seeing here.
:arrow: http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2 ... 903,00.asp
-Derek
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

I have seen some screenshots. The new look is a radical departure from what they have had before. I am unsure what I think of it but I guess usability reviews will be all over the web soon. When asked, Microsoft will point out that if you want to start using another office suite (like OpenOffice.org), there is quite a cost of reeducating people to use something that looks and feels different.

With that in mind, I wonder how in hell they are going to sell this product? Any serious decision maker on what office software to use will look at this and think that people will also have to learn this new software all over again.

Funny thing is that I have legal access to all these betas (Office, Vista etc) and I have absolutely no interest in downloading and installing it to see what it is all about. I am so totally uninterested in what Redmond is doing that it isn't even funny. I find their new stuff as exciting as a going to McDonalds for a meal.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
davd_bob
Confused

Post by davd_bob »

purrkur wrote:I have seen some screenshots. The new look is a radical departure from what they have had before. I am unsure what I think of it but I guess usability reviews will be all over the web soon. When asked, Microsoft will point out that if you want to start using another office suite (like OpenOffice.org), there is quite a cost of reeducating people to use something that looks and feels different.

With that in mind, I wonder how in hell they are going to sell this product? Any serious decision maker on what office software to use will look at this and think that people will also have to learn this new software all over again.

Funny thing is that I have legal access to all these betas (Office, Vista etc) and I have absolutely no interest in downloading and installing it to see what it is all about. I am so totally uninterested in what Redmond is doing that it isn't even funny. I find their new stuff as exciting as a going to McDonalds for a meal.
Hey!?!?!?!! :evil: I like McD's fries.
And what about those great toys my grand kids leave all ofer the place for me to step on in the middle of the night??
There are *almost* no bad BP6s. There are mostly bad caps.

No BP6s remaining
Athlon 2800
Sempron 2000
ViaCPU laptop with Vista.(Works great after bumping ram to 2Gig)
P-III 850@100
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

davd_bob wrote:Hey!?!?!?!! :evil: I like McD's fries.
And what about those great toys my grand kids leave all ofer the place for me to step on in the middle of the night??
Here I go stepping on toes again :) I am so sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect for McDonalds or the great toys they provide with their happy meals :D
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel