Windows Genuine Advantage Cracked

Moderator: News Team

InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Windows Genuine Advantage Cracked

Post by InactiveX »

Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage programme has been cracked.

See the Register article here.
Like BP6.com? Not a member?
Then why the hell not? It's great!
-> BP6.com Membership <-
purrkur
Linux Guru

Post by purrkur »

What do you expect?

Many will of course say that it is the widespread availability of the platform that has enabled this (although this hack appeared just days after its release, makes you wonder how hard or easy it is to really hack the platform).

This is another reason for why I don't use Windows:

" We're always looking for new things that can allow you to do things uniquely different today. For example, this new feature tool we have would allow me to tunnel directly using HTTP into my corporate Exchange server without having to go through the whole VPN (virtual private network) process, bypassing the need to use a smart card. It's such a huge time-saver, for me at least, compared to how long it takes me now. We will be extending that functionality to the next version of Windows."

Do you know who said this??? The person in question is Martin Taylor, Microsoft's general manager of platform strategy, talking.

No wonder it is easy to hack and crack. Microsoft still hasn't gotten what Security is all about (it definitely isn't about making unsecure shortcuts built into their software).
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel