AMD sues Intel

Moderator: News Team

purrkur
Linux Guru

AMD sues Intel

Post by purrkur »

This was bound to happen. Everybody and their mother knows that Intel has been both paying customers for not using AMD and threatening them when that has not worked. I guess that Intel is doing that even more now that they have such horrible products (except Pentium M, that is) out that cannot in any way compete with AMD. We have seen how their 64 bit implementation is slower than their 32 bit (while AMD's 64 bit processors are faster than their 32 bit counterparts), and we have seen how the dual core solution they have is simply two separate cores in a single chip and not an elegant solution like AMD has it. Tech rumours has it that Intel is probably about one year behind AMD when it comes to technology on both accounts.

I am sure that all this will turn out to be very interesting. If AMD can get these customers out of their closets to speak in court then Intel will surely be in for a rough ride.
2x533MHz@544MHz, 2.0V
640MB PC100 memory
Realtek RTL-8139 NIC
Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB hdd
Debian Linux stable with 2.4.8 kernel
kuun
Post-O-Matic

Post by kuun »

this is going to be one VERY interesting incident.

as i have refused to buy dell for the sole fact of them not utilizing AMD CPU's (the lappies ofc all my pc's are HM's)

im definately gonna keep tabs
!!! WARNING !!!
The following forums: www.bp6.com
are infected with the following VIRUS(s): Kuun.infected.all.posts.Win2K.user

The following IRC servers has been exploited: irc.bp6.com
with the Following Exploit: Kuun.lurks.using.mIRC.v5.82.exploit
madd1

Post by madd1 »

This really needed to happen!!! When I worked at a computer store www.wesellcoolstuff.com Intel would not send us marketing aids because we sold AMD products. If you want to sell a product sell it!! Do not treatin your wholesale customers!!
"Practice is the best of all Instructors" - Kakarot
madd1

Post by madd1 »

sorry showed up twice! :)
"Practice is the best of all Instructors" - Kakarot