BP6.Com Via XBox

Moderator: News Team

Derek
Site Admin

BP6.Com Via XBox

Post by Derek »

Check this out:

I've been playing around with my XBox lately and decided to install Linux on it :twisted: - And this is what I came up with!! :P

Keep an eye on the XBox Picture Gallery for more pics. I'll have to buy a VGA adapter for the XBox so I can capture higher res shots.

I'll be back with more,

Derek
HAL6000
SETI Guru

Post by HAL6000 »

You know I have a PS2 and I have been thinking aboot getting the stuff to run linux on it. Then again I don't think I need another machine just sitting around doing nothing. Altho I wonder how many SETI wu's one could crank out. :twisted:
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

HAL6000 wrote:You know I have a PS2 and I have been thinking aboot getting the stuff to run linux on it. Then again I don't think I need another machine just sitting around doing nothing. Altho I wonder how many SETI wu's one could crank out. :twisted:
Actually, I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to install SETI on this baby! :shades:
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

You can (just about) run Windows CE.NET on X-box now.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/index.php?new ... AlsvviKxOg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vgoraz

Post by vgoraz »

thats nothing, the dreamcast can function as a server. and hal, i have ... 8 computers that i do not run because its not worth them sitting aroudn doing nothing (though i have had at times one of them on for some dos based games, like colonization), its just not really worth having the computers on, not even to run seti
Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek »

vgoraz wrote:thats nothing, the dreamcast can function as a server. and hal, i have ... 8 computers that i do not run because its not worth them sitting aroudn doing nothing (though i have had at times one of them on for some dos based games, like colonization), its just not really worth having the computers on, not even to run seti
The Dreamcast is a great little console, but, once you have Linux running on an Xbox the possibilities are virtually limitless (including functioning as a server).
-Derek
InactiveX
BeOS Forever

Post by InactiveX »

You can now buy an XBox with a 1.4GHz Tualatin processor, 256KB cache and 128MB DDR-RAM.

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/friendtech_dreamx_xbox/

I should imagine Linux would be stratospheric on that.